Returning to London, on Day 10, we went to stay in South London this time, another relatively inexpensive place to stay. No view, of course. I went out and photographed some London Cliches, with a twist, of course.
1. Some People are Gay… Stonewall was running a campaign on the side of buses – in people’s faces, which was great. It would be good to see a similar campaign run here. It was a bit stark, though, coming from Iceland, which elected its first gay Prime Minister not all that long ago.
2. Barbarellas. I didn’t check if the staff wore costumes from the film.
3. The Phallic London Buildings. London likes a building springing straight into the air.
4. Spiral Staircase. One climbs up the London Monument to do two things – look at London, and look down the spiral staircase.
5. London Misty Day. I’m sure someone won an award for this building – it’s fairly unremarkable, but looked better disappearing into the mist.